Recipe For Soft Pretzels
- 2 – 16 oz. loaves frozen bread dough
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water Coarse salt
1. Separate thawed bread into 24 – 1 1/2″ balls. Roll each ball into a rope 14 1/2″ long. Have children plan and design pretzel shapes(letters or numerals).
2. Put pretzels one inch apart on greased cookie sheet. Let stand for 20 minutes and brush with combinedegg white and water.
3. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Place a shallow pan containing 1″ of boiling water on bottom rack of oven; bake pretzels at 350 degrees on rack above water for 20 minutes or until golden brown.