- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted and divided
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, divided
- 2 1/2 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate, divided
- 1/3 cup mashed sweetened strawberries
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
1. Combine crumbs and 3 tablespoons of butter; press onto bottom of an ungreased 9−inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes; cool.
2. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla extract. Divide into three portions, about 1 2/3 cups each.
3. Melt 2 squares semisweet chocolate; stir into one portion of batter.
4. Melt 2 squares of white chocolate; stir into second portion. Stir strawberries into remaining batter. Spread semisweet mixture evenly over crust. Carefully spread with white chocolate mixture, then strawberry mixture. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degrees F. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is nearly set. Remove from oven; immediately run a knife around edge. Cool; remove from pan.
5. Melt remaining semisweet chocolate, remaining butter and 1 teaspoon shortening; cool for 2 minutes. Pour over cake. Melt remaining white chocolate and shortening; drizzle over glaze. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yields 12 to 14 servings.