STRAWBERRY-COCONUT ICE CREAM PIE
- 21 shortbread cookies processed into fine crumbs (1 1/3 C.)
- 1/2 C. sweetened flake coconut
- 4 T. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pt. strawberry ice cream and strawberry sherbet blend, slightly softened, or plain strawberry ice cream
- 1 pt. coconut gelato or ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 C. chilled heavy cream
- 1 T. confectioners’ sugar Toasted coconut, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In processor, whirl crumbs and coconut until well blended and coconut is very finely chopped. Add butter; pulse until evenly moistened. Pat into 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 minutes, until firm and lightly golden. Let cool on wire rack.
2. Drop alternate spoonsful of both ice creams into crust. Swirl together with tip of knife to marbleize. Freeze at least 6 hours or overnight until firm.
3. Beat cream and sugar until billowy peaks form. Garnish servings with cream and, if desired, coconut. Makes 8 servings.
4. Per serving: 445 calories, 5 g protein, 42 g carbohydrate, 30 g fat, 0 fiber, 107 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium