Spicy Sausage Sandwiches
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 large fresh banana pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Vidalia or sweet onion
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 slices Colby or Jack cheese
1. Remove seeds and membranes from jalapeño and banana peppers if desired (for a less spicy salsa).
2. Dice peppers and place in a bowl; add remaining salsa ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Form the sausage into 6 patties; cook in a skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
4. Place each on an English muffin half. Top with 1 tablespoon salsa and a slice of cheese.
5. Cover with other muffin half. Serve remaining salsa on the side.
Yields 6 servings.