ITALIAN BANANA DREAM
- 4 bananas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ pt whipping cream
- ½ pt whole milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vanilla
1. This is a dense very flavorful Italian ice cream. This one is so good it might create a new banana growing industry in Italy.
2. The secret to this recipe is to use very ripe bananas. If they are slightly over-ripe, that is even better. Crush bananas and add lemon juice and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, whipping cream and whole milk.
3. Then add salt and vanilla extract. Freeze this mix in an ice cream freezer and when thick add the prepared bananas and continue to freeze.
4. This is best when served very cold. It has extraordinary flavor and “mouthfeel. If you are concerned about the possibility of Salmonella from uncooked eggs, substitute an equivalent amount of Egg Beaters.