- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled
- & coarsely sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butterscotch or caramel ice
- cream topping (fat-free is fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
In a casserole 1 1/2-quart baking dish that fits in the slow cooker/
Crock Pot, combine apples with coconut, 1 tablespoon flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Drizzle with the ice cream topping. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl with a fork or
pastry cutter and sprinkle over apple mixture.
Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until apples are tender.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.